How To Remove Doors On The Jeep Wrangler In Killam, Alberta
How To Remove Doors On The Jeep Wrangler in Killam, Alberta
At Campbell McLennan Chrysler, we always strive to go above and beyond during every interaction, making us the go-to dealer for all automotive needs in Killam, Alberta, and the surrounding areas. To get your Jeep Wrangler's doors removed, follow the simple steps below and read about why you might want to do so.
Reasons For Removing The Doors On Your Wrangler
There are many reasons to remove the doors on your Wrangler; some have to do with performance, and others are based on the driving experience and visual appearance. The first reason to remove your doors is that it reduces weight, letting you enjoy better fuel economy and slightly better acceleration. The next reason is that it improves your off-road experience, as removing the doors brings you closer to the action and gives you a better view of your tires' locations. The last reason is appearance because a Wrangler without its doors gives a matching impression to its excellent off-road capabilities.
Step-By-Step Guide To Removing Your Jeep Wrangler's Doors
- Roll down the windows to protect them during the uninstallation and storage, and it also makes it easier to handle the door once it's off your Wrangler.
- Next, remove the footwell found under the dashboard, locate the wiring that runs into the door, and disconnect it.
- Once all power cables are disconnected, proceed to lift the door's straps off their hooks carefully.
- Now, you will see the door hinges and their bolts. Proceed to unbolt the door while making sure to support its weight.
- Finally, the door must be carefully slid off the hinges and away from the vehicle, then stored somewhere safe to avoid damage or scratches. Wrapping the doors in protective sheets might be a good idea to prevent damage in storage.
You can schedule an appointment with our Service Centre to have your Wrangler's doors removed or get any maintenance or repairs done on your vehicle. Our experts are always ready to help you enjoy your vehicle in its best shape.
Campbell McLennan Chrysler4519-51a Avenue, Box 510 Killam, AB T0B2L0
Sales: 888-247-6155 | Service: 888-706-6167 | Parts: 888-520-1285
|Mon - Thu||8:30am - 5:30pm|
|Fri||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Sat - Sun||closed|